Intermediate to Advanced
Type of exercise
- Position the bench at a 45-degree angle under the bar so that the bar lines up across the top of your chest line.
- Before you add weight, make sure the bar is in a position to start.
- The bar alone is 15 pounds without weight.
- Place the safety clips so that they allow proper distance for you and the bar to move freely without injury.
- To start, lie on a bench with an overhand grip just a touch wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Firmly grip the bar and flip the hooks back and position your hands so that they are straight in line with your wrists.
- Keeping your head relaxed on the bench, and your feet flat on the ground, start to move the bar down towards your chest line.
- Keep your elbows straight across the shoulder line as you press downward.
- Slowly press the bar back up to the start position.
- Once you have finished your desired reps, flip the hooks back onto the pegs before you exit the machine.
- Slowly sit up and rerack your weights.
Movement Pattern: Push, Strength
Be Safe: Slow and controlled Movements