Type of exercise
Major Muscle Groups Used:
- Begin with your back against a wall and your feet shoulder feet apart two feet from the wall.
- Engage your core a slowly slide your back down the wall into your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- For proper alignment, move your feet so your knees are directly over your ankles.
- Keep your back flat against the wall the back of your head touching the wall.
- Hold for the programmed time
- Slide slowly back up the wall to a standing position
- Builds strength and endurance in the quadriceps
- no equipment needed!
- An easy way to measure improvement in lower body strength and endurance over time.
- No equipment needed!
- Easy to modify to make more challenging
- Can gradually build leg strength
- Popular training tool for newcomers and younger athletes due quick mastery of exercise.